Tuesday, October 30, 2018

Short Update

I wanted to share a few pictures of what we have been up to the past week or two. We continue to do those essentials to "get ready for winter" type of projects. Hayden and Keith spent some time getting the chimney cleaned out and then split some kindling.
Hayden said it was scary on the roof, but I wouldn't know. I'll never get up there to find out. After doing some work, we were invited over to the Wests for game night.  Their boys were very excited to teach my boys a new game.  My boys are now hooked and game cards are all they want for Christmas.
While the boys played games, my friend Kay introduced me to some "ice cream" that won't do a ton of damage to my blood sugars. I was so happy to find this.  Its the simple things, really.
We also took the time to vote.  Although, I'm not sure why. The last few elections my voice hasn't mattered at all. It really feels like the little guy doesn't matter. I'm pretty burned out on elections. My new game plan is to just start praying for the 2nd coming. I can't bring myself to do much else.
That seemed depressing. I did get a couple of letters for Santa. I am happy the holidays are upon us.  I really do love this time of year! Guess I had better start making my list and checking it twice.  How is it time for that already?!
Guess I had better spend some time shopping! Happy end of October!

No comments: