I have always enjoyed General Conference Weekend. This one did not disappoint. I think it was my favorite.... until the next conference weekend. Keith had the Friday off before so we got a few things done. Some of us look good even when working.
Corrine is learning how to drive the tractor. Is there anything this girl can't do?
Jakob is working on a project for school. Its kind of fun to see the things he is working on. School can be fun!
A good weekend is always filled with good food. We have a tradition of "rolled pancakes" one morning and then omelets the other morning. I have had to be very careful about what I eat, but I managed to find a few replacements and was still able to enjoy my favorite breakfast of the year.
Saturday night the girls and I went to the Conference Center to watch the Womens Session. The girls LOVE doing this. We enjoyed being together and listening to the talks and taking notes. I have so much to study in the next 6 months.
President Nelson challenged us to have a ten day fast from social media. I'll admit, this has been hard the last 2 days. Yikes. But, I have plenty of things to keep me busy. I currently have a couple of things Im researching and several books to help with that research. Now I need time. Where do I get time?
Sunday morning we had the missionaries come watch conference with us. I enjoyed this because there is a nice spirit about having the missionaries in your home. It is also nice because the kids were on their best behavior. Now I KNOW they can behave during conference. Im sorry I didn't get a picture of the missionaries. I should have, and then sent it to their moms. Kate made it through most of conference. Some times the last session on Sunday is just too much for a girl and her bear.
A new winter hat is always so nice.
Sunday evening we enjoyed dinner with great friends.
The food was good. The conversation was fun! The company was the best. This really was the best weekend.
I love conference weekend. I will have to dive deep into studying the talks from this weekend or I won't ever make it till April.












No comments:
Post a Comment