Saturday, September 29, 2018

Preperations

I'm sure I have mentioned how much I love fall, but maybe its been an hour or two since you have heard it.  For the record, I LOVE FALL.   We are now one month done with my favorite 4 months of the year.  We spent this weekend getting ready for winter. It was pushing 90 today (WHAT?!) but some day that winter will come.  It always does.  It seems like there is a lesson in there somewhere.  Enjoy where you are, because winter will come even if it doesn't seem like it at the time.  Prepare now while you can, but some day the time will be over.  Some day you will look back and find you aren't in your 20's anymore. Instead, you have just spent $100 on medical supplies for your aching knees and varicose veins.... oh. Shouldn't have added that last part.

Jakob and Kate got the lawn mowed. Im telling myself it was the last mowing of the season. I think we are done.  Kate loves John Deere.  She also loves Jakob.
Sariah and Kate helped me make applesauce. They were great helpers! It is nice that we can divide and conquer some of the tasks that need to be taken care of. 
Jakob, Sariah, Hayden and Kate worked on splitting firewood.  Then, Jakob and Hayden got some stacked away for winter use. I won't tell you how much fighting was involved. Some things are just too embarrassing.
It's too embarrassing to have a picture taken as a grease monkey after a long day of fixing the brakes on the excursion. Corrine spent the entire day working with Keith.
I will say I am more and more impressed with Corrine.  She is working so hard on so many different things. The world is at her feet and she is getting ready to take off.  Here is proof that she can clean up and look real nice.

I think a girl that can fix the brakes on the family car and then do this is pretty awesome.
I love fall.  I believe I've mentioned it before. I love the harvest time.
I do love the winter preparations. I love looking back on the year and seeing the progress my kiddos are making.

No comments: