Sunday, September 16, 2018

One month in

We are one month into school.  Has it been that long?  Things have been so crazy, sometimes it feels like school is an after thought. It's not, I promise.

Jakob is still busy as ever with school. He seems to be doing well and likes all of his classes.
Corrine is drowning in school work. She has taken on quite a lot of things to do, but Im so exited to see where she ends up after this school year.  She is also working on her business.  She would really rather be doing that instead of school work!
Sariah is the student I spend a lot of time with.  Lets just say 9th grade isn't a favorite of mine... or hers.  I have had to spend more time helping her with school which means house work gets neglected. She tried to be happy when she saw this thing from her BYU science teacher at the musuem. She can't escape her science class.... even at the museum!

This too shall pass, right?  She and I both needed something a little more fun to do besides earth science, so Keith took us out shooting.
 
Sariah is becoming quite the little Annie Oakley.  She can shoot her little gun pretty well!
Hayden is doing well in school.  He prefers to be up and doing more physical things though.  He is really enjoying the maker space class at Thanksgiving point.  Hayden started a local Cross Country Class.  He likes that he can take it with his friend, Faith.
 
I think running around the park is good for him.  This is an excellent way to spend fall evenings.
 Oh, about Cross Country.....  he sprained his ankle an hour before the 2nd class.  He seems to have recovered and he will be back at the running this week. He was grateful for the treat the bishop brought him!
Kate got caught using the calculator on her math homework. Not cool. What am I going to do with her?
She is doing really well in gymnastics right now.  She loves it and is progressing along quickly.   She is one of the 3 girls in her class now learning the back hand spring. Yes, we still do the required gymnastics selfie before EVERY class.  Thats two times a week for a year now.
It has been so fun to watch her progress with her "skills". While Hayden was at his Maker Space class, I took Sariah and Kate to the dinosaur museum.  It was fun to be there with just the two girls! Can you catch Sariahs reference to her favorite TV show?
Cooking class is part of an education. Making excellent chocolate chip cookies is something everyone needs to know how to do. Kate let me know that cleaning the beater was "her job...and she is good at it."
On another note, I want to de-clutter the school room a little. I think I'll start with taking down some pictures.... some day.  I need a change in this room, but I haven't got time.
Im sure a good cleaning would be change enough! This room is used for so many things.  I have people ask me how we get Kates hair so cute.  Well, that is all Corrine. This particular Sunday, we all had places to go to starting at 8 in the morning.  Saturday night Corrine did Kates hair for church the next day.  Thank you Disney sing a long on YouTube.
Not too bad for sleeping in it.  It did make getting ready for church easier.
Life is pretty good as it rolls along. Things are busy as ever, but things are good. Nothing died this week, so that's something.

No comments: