Sunday, August 20, 2017

What a difference a week makes

"There are times when we will experience heartbreaking sorrow, when we will grieve and when we may be tested to our limits. However, such difficulties allow us to change for the better, to rebuild our lives in the way our Heavenly Father teaches us, and to become something different from what we were-better than what we were, more understanding than what we were, more empathetic than what we were, with stronger testimonies than we had before." ~Thomas Monson Oct 2013. 

Kate went right to work making Jakob feel better. She hasn't left his side. He needed her help putting together his new dresser.
Jakob enjoyed playing the piano while visiting grandma.
We have been going for walks in the morning. Well, some of us walk. Kate gets rides.
Jakob and I also had a very nice time in the temple. I feel bad I didn't get a picture of us. Well, we were there. It was good. 
Today Jakob spoke in Sacrament meeting at the VERY strong request of the Stake President and bishop. He did a great job. We were so blessed to have so many friends and family come support us. I have gained a much stronger testimony of the power of prayer this past week. I have felt your prayers. I am impressed with your ability to "bear one anothers burdens." You are angels to me. I am also grateful to the good friends that my kids have.
Kate broke away from Jakob long enough to eat lunch with her cousin.
Kate also had to spend some time with her friend George. Is it too early to collect pictures for the wedding slide show?
I have had a few low moments. Im grateful to you dear friends that have checked in on me, brought chocolate,food, and have been a listening ear. Thank you. Thank you for your prayers. Thank you so much! The overwhelming thought I have had is this: "Therefore, let your hearts be comforted concerning Zion; for all flesh is in mine hands; be still and know that I am God."  ~D&C 101:16.    Be still and know that I am God.

No comments: