My baby boy went off to war this week. He was so happy to enlist with his friends. I wonder if peer pressure is a good thing. In this case, it was a very good thing! Hayden spent the week at kid history camp re-enacting the civil war. I
realize he was on the side of the South, but as his mother I still had
to be proud.
Heaven bless the couple that ran the camp. They are the most patient and fun people I have ever met. I would never want to dress up like that in the 100+ temps and deal with 18 kids for a week straight. What saints they are. Hayden LOVED every second of the camp. They had the kids practice drills, setting up tents, and talked a lot about the civil war.
On the last day, families got the chance to come watch a big battle.
The south put up a pretty good fight. Then, the north pulled out a cannon and killed all of Haydens troop in one loud bomb blast.
Hayden had so much fun! Here he is presenting arms and then getting his certificate of completion.
He is already asking if he can go back next year. Yes, yes you can!








No comments:
Post a Comment