We had been talking about going to Michigan for a couple of years. I kept putting the trip off because, well.... Im a homebody and Im not super fond of a 28 hour drive. The kids were so excited for the adventure!
We had so much fun in Michigan and it was a much needed vacation. The first night there, we went to the Detroit Temple. It was SO SMALL! I was so surprised how small it is. I feel in love with how beautiful it is and how I could feel the spirit there so strongly. The "teens" did baptisms while the adults did a session.
We did get a voicemail that our babysitter had been attacked with a large butcher knife and was hanging on to dear life in the ER. The younger kids were so naughty they had 3 different babysitters that evening. Oh, wait... The babysitter cut her finger while slicing butter and did have to go to the doc to get some stitches. The little kids did have 3 babysitters in one night. The mother stayed with the kids for a bit while her dad took her to the doc. Then, the bishops wife came and put the kids to bed. I'll just say, she was VERY entertained by Kate. While in Michigan, we went on a 3-4 mile nature hike. I was worried about Kate walking that much, but she did great! In fact, she ran much of the way to "race" people and be in the lead.
It was beautiful and we enjoyed most of it. For those that didn't enjoy, Uncle Mike found designated "complaining spots" where we could get out all of the complaints. Once we left that spot, we had to be happy again. Samuel taught Hayden and Kate how to spot frogs and catch them.
We found this area on the "hike". It was so pretty! I could move to Michigan. Wait, Michigan has a lot of humidity. I could not move to Michigan. There was a large farm that we could explore. I loved this spot. I think it was my favorite part of the "hike" and the day.
Pumping water.
I will admit, my kids weren't as impressed with the chickens or the cow. Hum. Kate was rather impressed with Julie though. Aunt Julie is rather popular among my people.
We also took all of the people on a bike ride. This was A LOT of fun. I really enjoyed it! Kate enjoyed being pulled around by Jakob.
Hayden needs a bigger bike, but for the most part it was a great ride. We rode a couple of miles into the city and ate pizza at this little pizza place.... its becoming a tradition to bike there and eat. We also strolled around the little main street to let our tummies settle.
Another tradition, is spending time at the beach. This was such a fun and relaxing day. I think everyone enjoyed themselves!
We also enjoyed time on the boat......
and behind the boat....Sariah overcame a HUGE fear and got out there! She wouldn't even jump in the water at swimming lessons a year ago. I was so proud of her out there in the water!
Corrine got up on the knee board and did a great job! She had so much fun!
Kate got out on the knee board with Keith! She wasn't scared at all!
It wouldn't be a trip to Michigan without games! We love playing games with the Hales family.
Don't cheat Kate!
Spending time with cousins is our favorite thing to do!






















No comments:
Post a Comment