Friday, August 12, 2016

Cars Cars and Cars

We did something a little drastic. We sold the expedition.
We replaced it with a much larger excursion. I LOVE the space in the back of this thing! Think of how much luggage, or cases of toilet paper, or children, or what ever else I feel like hauling I can do with this space!  Whoa. It literally boggles the mind.
I realize its sad that Im excited about this. I also realize that this is very much a sign that I have hit some sort of pathetic mid life crisis. I get that. I still sleep at night.... mostly. The decision was Kate approved, so we have that going for us.
We also sold the Jeep. This was a very sad, sad, sad day for some of us.  Well, mostly for 2 of us. The jeep was just short of a billion miles and was begging to die. Finding someone dumb crazy smart enough to buy it was a blessing. I realize that during my midlife crisis, I have also become even more cold and heartless than I was before.
We needed a good "run around car" that Corrine and I can share when we don't want to drive the mid-life crisis vehicle. We test drove many many cars. Keith took some of the kids to the Bluffdale City car show. They found some good possibilities.




This will get me to and from piano lessons quick enough.

We ended up with this escape. It isn't the jeep, but I think Jakob will come around. While looking for cars to buy, Corrines major request was "please don't make it green!" 
 I think, after being given the option of walking or driving this, Corrine and Jakob will forgive us for selling the jeep.  Corrine has been taking drivers ed and I had to attend a class with her.  The class was a terrifying 2 hours showing us how scary the roads are and the millions of ways to die on the road. I didn't want to get back into a car.... ever.  I'll leave with you the words of wisdom I got while at the class.  This advice is free folks.

No comments: