Kate is ready for the holiday weekend!
Our very good friends, the Wests, are from Canada. Despite the language barrier, we enjoy hanging out together once and a while. About half way through the day I got a text from Kay. Our conversation went something like this:
Kay: Are you guys busy tonight?
Me: No
Kay: Um, you want to teach some Canadians how to launch their first fireworks in front of your house?
Me: Sure... blow up our house..... You have never done them before?
Kay: No! I was afraid they would blow up in my car. We will bring treats and explosive things.
Me: Sure.. come. You really can't blow stuff up till dark. I wonder how many words in this conversation have put us on a watch list....
Kay: Im Canadian, they have been watching us for years.
Happy Canada Day!
We decided to Americanize Canada Day and start with roasting marshmallows.
Then, we started the
Everyone enjoyed tonight and it was decided that we will celebrate Canada Day the American way every year!




1 comment:
It was pretty awesome, thanks for letting us inflict our Canadian celebrations on you! Next up, Canadian Thanksgiving!
Post a Comment