We had the end of season, start to the next season, remember Jim, say goodbye to Adrianne, and meet new team members party at our house for the robot team. We are, if not anything else, efficient in combining our parties! This is such a great group of people to be with. I love every one of them!
I was concerned about the heat.
I talked to Betsy and asked if she and Abe's contribution to the party could be shade. We were most grateful for their willingness to share the shade.
Thank you Coach Keith for making 673,986 hot dogs in the 104 heat. You probably didn't need to use the BBQ.
These kids are so fun to be with. They are so kind and respectful.
One of our most loved mentors passed away last week due to complications during heart surgery. His sweet wife passed away a couple of weeks before. This is his daughter. She and her family came from Australia. I was so glad they came to meet the team and share the evening with us. She is a great example of grace under difficult times.
This is Adrianne. She is another beloved mentor. Adrianne and her family are going to Nepal for a few months and she felt it was time to hand the keys over to another mentor. She will be greatly missed. We made a book of pictures from the past 3 years and some thank you cards from the kids.
Anders, (a sibling of one of the team members) who is an excellent soccer player spent some time teaching Kate how to play soccer. How nice of you to be so patient with her, Anders!
I love my robot family. I will forever be in debt to these people for their examples and great friendships.

No comments:
Post a Comment