Hayden is active. Very active. He is sort of like watching one of those very bouncy balls in a racket ball court and the ball just keeps flying off the walls and won't ever stop. He hurt his foot at Tae Kwon Do and complained about it all morning. By that night, I decided that maybe I had better take him to insta care and have them check things out. While we were gone, Keith and the other kids roasted marshmallows.
The verdict: Broken foot. Hayden couldn't be happier about using crutches!
I felt bad for Hayden. I let him stay on the couch and play plants vs zombies. What a good mom I am. Wait... letting him rot his brain is not good. After one day of that, I decided we had better move to a little more brain stimulation. Hadyen spent a week watching Mythbusters. Its an educational show, right? One week after the broken foot incident,(and a week of sitting on the couch because he can't do anything!) we had a group of people over to the house. I looked outside and saw this:
The rest of that evening, Hayden was running around with the cousins and having a great time. When I say "running" I mean running. I decided at that moment that Mythbusters would be over and it was time to get back to chores. BUSTED.... and Im not referring to the foot. Hayden also took his crutches to pack meeting. Honestly, Im not sure why Hayden took the crutches to scouts. He spent a lot of time "running" with the other scouts. He can get around just fine.
Because of the bouncy ball syndrome, I had wished just a little that the broken foot would slow him down for a day or two. Guess not.





No comments:
Post a Comment