Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Temples will dot the earth

Corrine REALLY wanted to go on a temple work tour this week. We couldn't quite get all of the stars to align, but things still worked out pretty well. We wanted to go see the Payson temple, but it isn't ready yet. It is really pretty and very visible from the freeway though. We really wanted to do some work in the St George temple but they happened to be closed for their 2 week cleaning while we were there.  We did walk around the grounds and the visitor center.  Its such a beautiful temple! The St George temple is my favorite. I'll spare you all of the pictures of this since I posted them on my blog about St George.
We wanted to go to the Las Vegas temple, but we got into Vegas late and had to leave early in the morning so there just wasn't time. Jakob and Corrine did get to do baptisms at the Pheonix temple. While they were doing baptisms, we walked the grounds with the other kids.  What a beautiful temple! The Phoenix temple is my favorite.
 No, we didn't let her get in the water.... Kate and Hayden tried... several times.
Kate LOVED the "calm trees".  She would get so excited when she saw one.
We also went to the Mesa Temple for the Easter pageant.  It was just us and a few thousand of our closest friends.  The Mesa Temple is my favorite.
The pageant was also amazing. It was all about Christs life, death and then resurrection. Kate HATED it when"the bad guys" killed Jesus.  She was VERY distraught and VERY vocal about it. Its hard to tell, but this is Christ being betrayed by Judus.
Good news is, HE LIVES!  He has been resurrected. He lives again and we can also have the same blessing. What a great message of hope.
It was a great pageant and a beautiful evening at a beautiful temple
Keith, Jakob and Corrine were busy doing robot stuff when I took the younger kids to the Gilbert temple with my parents, sister & her family. The Gilbert temple is BEAUTIFUL.  It is my very favorite.
I can't remember the name of this plant... but it is native to the area and is known for its healing power. It is the theme throughout the temple.
This is in the entry of the temple BEAUTIFUL.  All of the wood was brought in from Jerusalem
This is a little oasis of sorts. I love it!
THIS is my favorite temple.
I love to see the temple and I'll go inside some day.
I really do love the temple. I made a goal of going once a week and until this week of vacation I managed to do it. I did try while in Phoenix. I really did.  I will spare you the story... but there were all kinds of crazy things happening and I didn't make it.  I have gone twice a few weeks so far this year, so I guess Im ok.  I hope I am anyway. I have loved going to the temple each week and feeling the peace that is there. Im so grateful that temples dot the Earth.

No comments: