Monday, April 20, 2015

Construction Report #1

We have been talking about replacing the carpet in this house since before we closed on it. FINALLY the project has begun! Im so proud of the kids for helping so much. Step 1: Get the disgusting carpet out of the office.
 Step 2: Start painting in the office.  Corrine learned how to paint from the Master Painter, my mother. Corrine was a good little padawon and she has "the gift" of paint. For the record, that gift totally skipped a generation. 
 The green is painters tape... not a horrible color choice.....
Ripping out carpet is actually very fun to do. The kids have done a great job helping!
My house is in TOTAL CHAOS now.  We are used to living in semi chaos, but this is a whole new level of crazy for us.
Everything upstairs is now downstairs.
Tomorrow..... more carpet removal and more painting prep work.

3 comments:

Gabrielle Kim said...

It looks like so much fun. I love the color! And for the record, it didn't completely skip a generation ;)

Michelle H said...

Wow, that's a lot of work! But so exciting to be getting new carpet and paint! :)

Michelle H said...

Ha, I just realized that there is Bamboo flooring in a picture. Are you installing that everywhere you're taking the carpet out? I'm sure it will look really nice! A gal I VT got that installed in her house last summer and it looks great. :)