Robots! I missed the robot competition in SLC due to sick kids. I was so excited to get into the stands and cheer for our team! They did not disappoint. Their first run out they did FANTASTIC! I loved it! In SLC, our robot was making a pretty consistent two stacks of 4 totes. In AZ we made very consistent two stacks of 5. It was so fun to watch.
Have I mentioned that I love the group of kids on our robotics team? They are all amazing.
The robot season is crazy hectic. Very crazy. It also happens to fall during piano competitions. So, we have an added amount of craziness. Who scored a 33 on his ACT during all of that craziness?! This kid. Yep. This homeschooled kid scored well WHILE participating on an intense team AND socializing. Crazy, right?!
Keith also loves this group of kids.
Kate did pretty well for most of the day.... Go PrototypeX!
At the end of the first day, Kate had decided she had just about enough. I took things for her to do, but it just wasn't enough. She needed a nap and she got pretty ugly. My very good friend, Brenda, got Curious George for Kate to watch. Whew! Curious George to the rescue. I will never be able to repay Curious George or Brenda. Kate also loves her friend... who happens to be named George.
The kids had fun hanging out with their friends and cheering on the team!
I need to thank FIRST and Mr Blair our MC. He noticed that our team had a large following of small children. So, he set up an Easter Egg hunt for the younger kids. They LOVED going out on the field. They played fun music and let the kids run around. It was a blast!
The 2nd day we went more prepared to keep Kate happy.
She even took a nap! I have no idea how... the stadium was so very loud.
The robot was performing well and things were going great!
By lunch time, a series of unfortunate events started to happen. Our team did well, but we had some alliance partners that weren't very strong. We ended the competition in 3rd place. Strangely, we are at peace... we are relieved we don't have to go to St Louis. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment