Thank you Pixar. Because of the movie Cars, my kids know what route 66 is. We were able to ride a little on route 66 on our way to Phoenix. I love the little towns and I can see how the big interstate just killed the economy in most of those towns. However, I love the big interstates. I like to get where Im going as fast as possible. I did enjoy a little stop for lunch and a quick museum tour on route 66.
We enjoyed the little train museum. When I say "we"... I mean Kate. They had a little train that went on tracks throughout the building. She would chase it around the room. After that little museum, we went outside and there was a real train the kids could climb on.
I do like my schedule, however, once and a while, its fun to do something unplanned. It was nice to stop and see this little town and let the kids play. I think there is a little lesson in route 66. As much as I like the interstate and "getting there as fast as possible", we also need to look around us. Be aware of the little moments we are in. Thank you for the reminder Pixar and Route 66.
No comments:
Post a Comment