Saturday, March 14, 2015

PrototypeX in Utah

This weekend was the Utah Regional competition for our robotics team. I have looked forward to this weekend all year long! The plan was to spend a lot of the day on Friday at the competition and then all day on Saturday. We got in the car early Friday morning and made it almost 2 miles from our house when Kate started throwing up.  In the car.  So, we turned around and I haven't left the house in 2 days. She spent the day playing... with the puke bowl.
To prove that she is smart enough to know not to play with the puke bowl, she sorted counting blocks all afternoon. She sorted them by color many, many, many times. Im proud of her. For the longest time we wondered if she was color blind because she could not recognize colors at all. With or without  puke bowl on her head, we think she is pretty smart.
My very good friends Abe & Betsy took Hayden and Sariah to watch some of the robot competition. Thank you Fox Fam for taking them!  They also look forward to this weekend all year long! Corrine and Jakob LOVE this part of the robot season. Look at my two kids be so safety minded.
Last night the team came over for some dinner and a scouting meeting. We looked at film of all the teams we were going against and teams we might want to form an alliance with. (look at me talking all formal and sports like)
We made it into the final rounds! So excited!
This is Keith and the drive team. They are such a great group of young men. Im so glad my kids have the opportunity to be friends with them.
The kids were able to meet Dean Kaman. He is the head guy of all this crazy robot stuff. He is quite the celebrity around these games.  He signed our robot!
 We had some pretty impressive stacks! The more stacks the more points! Our team made it to the very final rounds, but sadly we didn't win.  We came in 2nd.  We are consoling ourselves with the knowledge that we have the Arizona competition coming soon.
This was after scoring the highest points in qualifying matches for the entire 2 days!
I was sad that I had to spend the entire weekend at home and watch the games over the internet. I am very grateful for the internet and the ability to watch the live feed.  Even though I watched more Curious George than I would like to admit, I also enjoyed hanging out with this little girl.
Yes, I realize she is on the couch and is obviously not over 40. I refer you to a previous blog post about things I can't say no to.

1 comment:

Abe Fox said...

We missed you being there terribly.....and when Bets and I weren't there THANK YOU, THANK YOU for the play-by-play messages you sent out as you watched the competition online!!