Saturday, November 29, 2014

Nice September... wait....

We had the nicest weather today. It was 62 outside on the 29th of November. It was beautiful! I submit exhibit A... my weather station at our house.
We have 40 trees on our property. When someone has that many trees, it is safe to say they have a leaf blower.  Well, we haven't had one for the last 4 years and this morning Keith decided it was time we correct that problem. So, we bought a leaf blower. On the surface this doesn't sound very exciting. Let me tell you... being in a tornado of leaves is very exciting!
Keith would shoot leaves onto the lawn and Corrine picked them  up with the lawn tractor. I was so proud of her. She got the tractor out and going all by herself.  Good job Corrine! 

We had leaves everywhere!  We had a TON on the roof.
Check out the before and after of the front steps.

Keith told me he will never use a broom again. I wonder what that blower will do to the kitchen. Im tempted.
All of the kids helped with the yard work.


 Things look much better now.

Always clean your boots when you are finished working.
I spent the day going through baby clothes. My sister in law gave us TONS of clothes for Kate. In order to have room for the new clothes, I had to get baby clothes out of the closet. I gave away all of our baby clothes when Sariah was little. We were done and I was happy. I didn't have a hard time at all. This time, I cried.  Don't tell Keith, but I cried. It was so hard for me to pack up baby clothes. Now, Im so glad we weren't done with Sariah. I love Hayden and Kate and Im so glad we have them in our family. All of our baby clothes are going to a loving home.  Sniff... sniff....
We are also ready for Christmas! We have a VERY small tree. The kids all want a giant one to put in the window. But, I kind of like this cute little tree that doesn't take up any space in the house. I used to be a total control freak about the tree decorations. I wanted a theme. I wanted it all to match. I wanted something out of a magazine. I have learned that I do not live in a magazine. This year the kids decorated the tree on their own and I didn't rearrange a single ornament.
Happy Thanksgiving weekend. It was nice while it lasted. Im sad to see it go... but we are ready for Christmas!

No comments: