Im not a black Friday shopper. I went once. I still cry in a dark corner now and then from my experiences. I will never do that again. Since Black Friday is creeping into Grey Thursday or White Wednesday or what ever we are doing these days.... I think black Friday is quickly becoming a thing of the past. I totally digress. This post is about what I DID do on Friday of Thanksgiving weekend. I enjoyed the day at home. This evening, we had a lovely dinner with my family, siblings, parents, my aunt & uncle and their kids. We met at my sisters Tae Kwon Do Center and had dinner and lots of entertainment. The kids enjoyed sparring with each other. This is a nice way of saying they enjoyed beating up on each other with out getting yelled at. Go Kate! (Like she needs any encouragement).
Here are the girl cousins all lined up listening to grandpa Cain talk about blessings and family. I think he lost them when he said family was a blessing. Remember... they had just been sparring each other. They did a good job listening to grandpas talk. And, grandpa did a good job with his talk. It was perfectly short and very sweet.
This is the kids and grandpa eating area. Im so glad I remembered to bring Kates portable high chair. We have had it for 2 years now and I think this is the first time I've taken advantage of the portability of it.
I asked the kids what their favorite part of the day was. They all answered that they loved sparring with their uncles Nathaniel and Daniel. Uncles are fun to have around.
Our family isn't the most touchy feel-y family. Rather than talk, we just beat on each other. Getting the aggression out is really fun.
Nathaniel seemed to be the popular target.
We have decided its cheaper than marriage therapy. Yep, they are married.
So are they.
The kids all voted this was one of the funnest family parties ever. Food, family, and weapons. What could be better?
Maybe I could handle a good black Friday sale. I just want to take my entire family and sparring equipment.
No comments:
Post a Comment