Monday, September 22, 2014

Power Out = ?

Mondays are my "get things done" day. We don't have anywhere we have to go. We can hit school hard and really get the week started off on the right foot. The list of things to do is long. We were excited about fresh bread! This morning at about 9:30, the power went out. I can deal with that. School continues. Do your work sheets at the table.
Read a book by the window for extra light.
Practice piano by the light of the camera flash.

Beg for mom to put Curious George on the tv. The 2 year old doesn't care that there is no power. Just fix it!
 After calling the power company and finding out power wouldn't be back on until about 3pm, I decided we would have a field trip! The kids were EXCITED!! We hit the road.  We stopped at the gas station and a McDonalds for some nuggets.  The world was ours.... well, at least until 3pm when Jakob had to be home for work.  I decided we would drive up the canyon and see if we could find some color on the trees! I love fall.  I love the leaves changing! The mountains were beautiful! I think it will be even prettier in a couple more weeks... but we enjoyed the beauty the Rocky Mountains had to offer.
 When I was young, we lived in Vernal. We would drive back and forth to Salt Lake City a lot. My favorite part of the trip was a stop to Grannys in Heber.  They had the best shakes. They probably weren't that great.... but my kid memory really enjoyed it.  I decided we would drive up Provo Canyon and see if Grannys was still in existence. Yes, yes it is!  And, it still tasted pretty good with those above the rim shakes!

Kate can't really have dairy, but I decided to give her just a little taste.  She approved of this activity. The kids ALL approved of this activity! YOU are the best teacher ever.  Yes, yes I am!
Long field trips can wear a girl out though. Time for a nap.
I like education on the road. As Sariah put it "We learned about plants changing color and we learned about history!  We learned all about mom when she was young!" 

No comments: