It seems like I have been spending a lot of time just catching up! Someday, I'll be caught up. Im not silly enough to think I will ever be ahead of the game. Here are a few of the many things we have been busy doing the last couple of weeks. First, canning. I must admit, this has been the most sad and pathetic canning season I've ever had. I honestly have had no time to can. We have managed to get some pickles done. My neighbor gave us TONS of beans so we managed to get those canned. Thank you so much Osbornes!! I had a pretty good crew!
Kates favorite job was snapping the beans.... into very small bean bits.
We had some friends of ours come for a BBQ and we launched some rockets! This is a very fun activity! We really need to pull the rocket launcher out more often.
A few days ago, Hayden and Kate went out side to work. I don't know what they were working on, but they worked together for a very long time! Yeah for recess, dirt, and a big back yard.
Hayden was so excited to get his kit for a basics in engineering class he is taking. This is some pretty cool stuff! He had so much fun with the catapult that he built. He spent DAYS shooting stuff across the house.
Jakob and Corrine were able to go to ComicCon with their robotics team. They had SO MUCH fun. Corrine got a chance to drive the team robot but said it was too stressful to drive all the time. They were both so excited to get a signed poster from Richard Paul Evans, the author of the Michael Vey series. They also LOVE Studio C. Its their favorite show.
Kate LOVES these boots. She wears them all the time. When you are 2, you can pull off almost any look.
Another awesome look.
Corrine has been doing her school work with her left hand. She is surprisingly good at writing with her left hand. She isn't ready to convert forever, but she does a pretty good job!
Sariah is taking a class on rockets. I thought this would be a fun class for school until we got her rocket kits. Now that I've seen it, Im a little terrified. I told her she CAN NOT launch any rockets or build any with out Keiths direct supervision. He works on rockets, (rocket scientist!) so I think we are ok. I became concerned when she and Hayden were watching a special on rockets. They both really giggled when things got blown up. If our house blows up, know that a school assignment went very wrong.
If you are interested, this is the link to the show they watched: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEun3XpCWOw
Sariah joined a city volleyball team with the girls from her primary class. She was very nervous about her first game. I will admit, I was nervous for her! She did great! She got a few of her serves over the net! She and the rest of the team are not very aggressive and they need to actually run for the ball when it comes at them. But, I think aggression will come. She is learning to serve the ball.
She yawns during instruction from her coach. Awesome.
She does have a pretty good ready stance.
Good luck with the rest of your games. Wish me luck with keeping the blog more current.
No comments:
Post a Comment