Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Patience and science

There is a new museum at Thanksgiving point that is a very cool science museum. I had not been there, but I had heard all about it from several friends. Thanksgiving point has $2 Tuesdays in all of August. So, we thought it would be a brilliant idea to to the kids and Mike and Julies family there today.  This is our place in line.....
A TWO hour wait in line. Ok, patience is a virtue. We can wait... 2 hours... with a 2 year old.  Actually, we waited about 5 minutes before Julie and I decided we would go get lunch for everyone. While we were gone, it started to rain.  That rain turned into an honest to goodness downpour while we were carrying bags of food and Kate back to the line.

 We had a very soggy lunch.  We also got shorted 5 hamburgers.... thanks a lot Carls Jr in Lehi.
 Only 1/2 an hour left!! The rain had stopped by this point in the line.
When we finally got in, we let the big kids roam around on their own. The parents and the 3 younger kids spent the day with 2 million of our closest friends. I thought Hayden would be small enough to get blown away in a tornado, but I guess I was wrong!
Kate LOVED the little kid water table.  Its a fantastic idea, as long as you don't mind them getting wet.
I didn't take as many pictures as I would have liked.  There were just SO MANY people there and it was crazy keeping an eye on Kate. I have thought about getting a membership (when I rob a bank) and take the kids on a much slower day.

No comments: