This past week, I have instituted a NO TV week for the kids. At first I was a little worried my addicts would protest, but they didn't do to bad. It could totally be my imagination, but it seems like there has been less fighting. Read that carefully... I didn't say NO fighting, I just said less. When I came into the family room on day 2, this is what I found. Sariah and Hayden were happily reading a book... about chores!
Jakob was reading the New Era... note the article is about work!
Corrine was making everyone lunch.
The next day, I caught Corrine reading... a lot.
Kate even got into the reading!
The kids played dress up and used their imaginations.
They pretended they were pirates and the big ugly trailer was their ship. This pretend game has gone on for DAYS.
Because Kate is REALLY into Curious George, we decided to get her the original book. This was the 70th anniversary edition. I love that everyone is gathered around listening. (Hayden was in the shower, so he missed the story) My how things have changed. The man with the yellow hat carries a rifle.
Kate looks worried for George. George got thrown in jail for being bad. The man with the yellow hat and George even enjoyed a pipe together after supper. Kate has every right to be worried about George. Despite the pipe smoking, I found the story to be very refreshing.
Thank you TV for all you have given us this week. It has been so great, we are going to continue.
No comments:
Post a Comment