Monday, August 19, 2013

Michigan part 1

We drove to Michigan for our summer vacation this year. Why Michigan? Keiths sister Julie and her family live there. The last time we took this drive it took us 36 hours and Keith spent a lot of the time driving a wrecked car. On the return trip, our van blew up and we had to tow it home and get a new car. Needless to say, we were a little gun shy to get back in the car and do this trip again. But, we did it! Keith and I told the kids they had to be extra good and earn points to get their trip. Here are the kids ready to hit the road. This time we did the trip in just over 26 hours each way!  Note how loaded down the car was and how we took tons of bicycles.  I felt like the Clampets in Beverly Hillbillies.
 Here is the point chart.... the kids just barley made their goal.
All loaded up and ready for the drive! Its a little squishy.
Aunt Julie is a favorite among all of the cousins. I think its because she is patient and a "fun" aunt. She let the kids make homemade play-do in her kitchen. Im not nearly that fun.
Kate LOVES outside. The outside was especially nice in Michigan. The temps were so nice and it is so beautiful there.

 When three engineers get together, they build things. This time, they built a rocket launcher. I know, perfectly normal vacation stuff.

This is the rocket production line. There was a lot of creativity and crafting going on. Personally, I think Corrine won most creative rocket design.
The kids all cheered and LOVED watching the rockets launch. After Gavin (my nephew) got hit by a rocket, the kids decided to take cover under the trampoline.
I love these girls.
This is Sariah launching her rocket.


Corrine launching hers....
 Hayden became and expert rocket launcher.
 Jakob was old enough to load his own rocket for the launch.
Have I mentioned Kate likes hats and that I like pictures of Kate?

No comments: