Today marked the first day of school for the new year! The kids were mostly excited. They said they would miss watching tv, playing computer games, and sleeping in. The two older kids said they did look forward to a routine and feeling a little more productive. I was very excited for the routine! I think we all do better with some positive projects and not as much idle time. Just for the record, I began teaching my eleventh year of home school today. Here is the run down for the first day.....
Jakob started the tenth grade. He is attending seminary at Riverton High and the rest of his classes he is taking on line from BYU-Independent. At the end of the day he said he was pretty happy with his classes. He said Physics Tech was his favorite so far.
Corrine began the seventh grade today. I asked her to pick her favorite thing from school today and she picked history. Thats my girl!! She has a robotics class that she will be starting. I kind of think that will become her favorite.
I had to include this picture. This is one advantage to homeschool. The teacher isn't going to freak if you wear a gun necklace to class. Im happy to report that we went the entire day and her necklace didn't shoot anyone.
Sariah started the fourth grade today. I can't believe it! She is growing up so fast. She said she liked reading time the best. She started reading Little House on the Prairie today.
Hayden started the first grade today! Hayden said he liked all of school but math was his very favorite. He is pretty good at it!
Kate enjoyed distracting people. She is very good at it!
She also enjoyed pulling books off the "younger kids" book shelf. It was not set up for a one year old however. We had to barricade off the office so that she would leave the books alone. Im grateful she loves books though!
Recess is also a favorite activity. Im grateful Jakob is willing to swing with Kate. Im sure thats one of the many reasons she loves him so much.
Corrine is playing volleyball with the young women in our ward. She practices every chance she gets. I think she is getting better!
I don't look the best.... this picture was taken at the end of a crazy
school day! Im trying to be better about adding pictures of me in the
blog now and then. The kids asked me which book I liked best. I can't choose. For me, its like picking your favorite child. You just can't.... and sometimes it depends on the day and the mood you are in!
I love school. I love watching my kids learning something new. I love watching them struggle and then figure it out. Most of the time I love having my kids around. I love that Heavenly Father guided me and helped me decide how and what to teach for school this year. It was a process and I really have felt His spirit. I love home school!
1 comment:
We feel the same way about homeschool! Those people that make fun of it just don't know what they are missing. I hope you have an awesome and productive year!
Post a Comment