While in Michigan, we got some canoes and floated down the Tittabawassee river. I typed the name so you could say it. I think its very fun to say. Anyway, Kate and Hayden HATED the canoeing activity. Therefore, I hated the canoeing activity. I had to leave early and take them home. Here is Hayden enjoying the canoes.
There are many, many lakes in Michigan. Mike and Julie have a "speed boat" as Hayden calls it so we went to the lake for the day. Because of the popularity of the canoe activity, I was concerned about the lake activity. This lake was awesome. They even had a splash pad!
Kate loved the beach. She loved to chase her large ball along the sand.
Kate also loved to eat the beach. Yep, eat.
Hayden loved playing in the sand.
It took some work, but I finally got Hayden on the "speed boat". He LOVED it. LOVED it. Uncle Mike was so patient and nice to help Hayden feel comfortable.
I was so surprised when Hayden consented to get on the raft thing and be pulled behind the boat. He also LOVED it. He kept giving the "faster" hand signal to Mike.
For as much as Hayden loved the boat, Kate still hated her life jacket. HATED it.
The kids all had so much fun playing in the lake. Corrine was practicing her water dance for the Olympics.
Sariah got out on the raft, but I didn't get a picture of it. She did love the boat!
Corrine got brave and got up on the knee board! I think she surprised herself and I was so proud of her!
Jakob and Keith both got up on the knee board as well. I didn't get a picture of Jakob.... sorry bud. Here is Keith post hand surgery on the knee board!
I did not get up on the knee board. I tried and tried and tried. I was very disappointed. I did however get in the water with the fishies. I have a serious fear of swimming with the fishies. I do not like it. So, I guess getting in the water was a small victory. Some day I'll try the knee board again. While boating along the lake, I noticed a couple of houses for sale. For just a moment, I was tempted to have the lake be my back yard.
Then, I wondered how my cows and chickens would deal with swimming in the water all of the time. I decided I like my little farm in the desert. When I got back from being out on the lake, I thought I would enjoy a small handful of chips. Thanks to Hayden and his cousin Samuel, I stuck to my "good girl" eating and didn't have any chips.
Jakobs uncle Brem took him fishing a couple of times while we were there. This is the fish Jakob caught at the lake. Pretty impressive!
A girl can get so tired spending the entire day at the beach that she has to use her foot to help hold up the bottle. Its a rough life.



No comments:
Post a Comment