Wednesday, July 24, 2013

The Hotness of Summer

Its been hot.  We have been so busy and staying plenty warm. I'll do a quick summary.....

Sariah has wanted glasses since about 5 minutes after Corrine got glasses several years ago. Sariah has FINALLY joined the ranks of blindness and got her much coveted glasses.  She looks pretty "hot" in them, right?!
Corrine and Keith decided to escape the heat by going to girls camp. This was a first for both of them. Corrine was so nervous about her first girls camp. Keith didn't say if he was nervous or not.  For the record, they both had a great time and I'll bet they both go back next year!

Here are a couple of pictures Keith took while at girls camp. The girls hiked up to Timpanagos Cave on the first day.

While Jakob was at scout camp and Keith and Corrine were at girls camp, Sariah had belt testing. Belt testing is a very hard thing for Sariah. Im not sure what it was, but she had the best belt testing ever!!  She did so great! She didn't make a mistake on her form and she got all her questions right! Thanks for all of your help and patience Master Kim! This girl was "hot" showing off  her tae kwon do form! I threw in a few extra pictures for her dads sake... since he was crafting cute things at girls camp, he missed Sariahs belt testing. You did great Sariah!!


Corrine has been practicing the theme to Mission Impossible for piano. She has been practicing it A LOT. Its safe to say the theme and the heat have about driven me crazy. Corrine and Sariah decided to make a video with a "spy" theme to it. I have yet to see the video... but I did get a look at the costumes. There is a good chance that a gun is in that purse.
I was so proud of Jakob yesterday! I gave him a VERY long list of yard work to do. He did it all with out complaint.  As he was getting the riding lawn mower going, he discovered that it was broken and the blades wouldn't cut. He got down and figured out the problem and fixed it all by himself! I was so proud!
The kids have spent a lot of time outside in the shade. We are working on a little playground area for them. We really need some playground bark.... but the budget says we do not.

Kate loves hats.  No, she REALLY LOVES hats. Yesterday she was in the kitchen talking to herself and sounding very happy. She kept saying "hat!"  "hat!"  I looked over and saw this:
The first picture is of her yelling "hat" with much joy.  Happy summer... stay warm.

No comments: