Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Happy Barf Day Hayden!

No, really. Happy Barf Day.  Yesterday Hayden turned 6!!  The day started out great. He got to play with his best friend while at piano lessons, and then the entire family went to the eye doctor. Hayden was the only one that was declared "healthy" and didn't need any eye glasses. We have hope he won't need glasses for a long time. Anyway, we were all ready for a great party when things fell apart... quickly.  At about 4pm I started feeling sick. By 5pm I was throwing up. I spent the rest of the evening in my bed. Keith got Hayden his birthday pizza. Hayden only ate about 1/2 a piece. By dinner time, Corrine was throwing up. Keith took pictures for me, did dinner, and ran the party. Hayden got a bow and arrows, a smaller basket ball, bubbles, and squirt guns. They were all a big hit. I was proud of Jakob and Corrine using their own money to buy gifts for Hayden. Here is Hayden opening presents.
We decided to do the birthday cake real quick while Corrine and I were out of our rooms for 5 minutes.  Hayden is VERY into the game Plants vs. Zombies. So, I made a Plants vs. Zombies cake. Basically you have these plants and zombies try to come get them.  I think. I've not played the game. Anyway, Hayden LOVED the cake. Hayden said "Thank you mom for making the best birthday cake ever!"
 Keith and I got him a "geo dome" thing to climb on. (I wasn't there when he opened it) The dome was still in the box.  Hayden saw it and said "Oh its so cool!!!"   He was VERY excited. Keith asked Hayden "Do you know what it is?"  Hayden said "No, but its so cool!"  This kid is very easy to please.  Keith and Jakob started to build the dome. Unfortunately, sickness took over. I was on the bathroom floor. Corrine was barfing and curled up on the lawn trying to be part of the party. At this point in time, Jakob had to go to a scout meeting. Keith was left alone with Sariah, Hayden and Kate. Kate started crying and was very clingy. Then Hayden threw up. Poor kid. We didn't cut into the cake. We didn't get to finish building the geo dome.  Hayden threw up a couple more times. He cried most of the night. This morning I took a picture of Hayden with his partial dome. Hopefully we can finish it tonight when Keith gets home from work.
Now Keith, Jakob, and Sariah aren't feeling well. Hayden, I'm sorry your birthday was a bust! Hopefully tonight we can finish your dome and maybe we can actually eat some birthday cake! Hayden, we love you and we are so grateful you came to our family! You are a good boy and very happy. Thank you for being so understanding about your birthday party.
On another note, thank you Keith. You cleaned up a life time of barf last night. You did loads and loads of laundry. You cooked dinner, took pictures, and changed diapers. Thank you so much for being a great dad and husband.

No comments: