We haven't been camping for four years! It's kind of sad, really. We have been busy with moving, a funeral, bed-rest pregnancy, and a new baby. So, this year we made it! We went to Keith's parents cabin lot by Millers Flat. We loved it. Didn't love the bugs.
Grandpa handed Hayden a hatchet and asked Hayden to start splitting wood. Does that sound smart? No, it does not.
I asked Keith "was that a good idea?" Keith replied with "he will be fine, he needs to learn it somehow." Keith did go give a little instruction, so that made me feel a little better. Maybe. I guess this is why Heavenly Father says we need dads and grandpas.
Moms would NEVER hand a hatchet to a 5 year old. Especially a 5 year old
boy named Hayden.
Kate LOVES "outside". It is her very favorite place to be. She enjoyed camping. She did not enjoy sleeping at camping. She didn't do very much sleeping. So....Keith and I didn't do very much sleeping at camping. But, she did crawl around in the dirt and eat sticks and things.
She also enjoyed the swing. Corrine was so nice to swing Kate.... a lot.
There was lots of shooting. I didn't shoot this time because I was holding a very tired baby. Once I put her in the back pack and we put pink earmuffs on Kate, she FINALLY went to sleep. Sadly, I don't have a picture of that. Sariah carried her "gun" with her for most of the camping trip.
If you go camping, I think it is a law that you must cook really bad hot dogs over the fire. So, check.
We also had to go on a hike with grandpa. I LOVED the hike. It was very nice and great exercise. Kate rode with Jakob for a while, then I took her for a while. On the way back, she rode on grandpas shoulders. It was a very nice walk.
Hayden picked every single flower on the hike. Sorry nature.
Sariah had so much fun with her cousin. Her cousin is so cute. I think we had been camping about 5 minutes and then Sariah had that dirty spot on her head. Its a good thing we were camping. I didn't care. Maybe she will care when I have this picture on her wedding video.
Grandma provided crafts for all of the kids. They spent many hours making hot pads and purses. Santa, take note. This kept the kids busy for a very long time.
Kate spent a lot of her time outside with Jakob. Those are her two favorite things. She said a lot of "go!" Jakob packed her around where ever she told him to go. No wonder he is her favorite.
Happy 4th of July!
No comments:
Post a Comment