Sunday, May 26, 2013

Memorial Weekend part 1

Memorial weekend! Keith had Friday and Monday off so it was very nice to have him home! We were going to have our very good friends, the Nyes, come visit over the weekend. Instead, Kate and I got sick. So, that was fun.  I think I slept a couple of hours the entire weekend.  Because Keith isn't one to sit around and waste days off, there were plenty of projects to work on.  Jakob has literally become Keiths right hand man.  We have LOTS of weeds and it was time to attack.  Jakob took over the weed-whacker job. In addition to the weed-whacker job, Jakob helped fix the jeep that died on the freeway and I had to tow home. Keiths brains, skills, and tools combined with Jakobs right hand and a desire to drive made the job almost painless. Sorry, I didn't get a picture of that.  Back to attacking weeds.

Corrine used the push mower to kill those weeds the best she could. It was tough work, but she attacked with the courage of a true warrior.
 Hayden and Sariah were on dog poop duty. With 3 dogs, its a job that never gets done and always needs to be done. (much like laundry)
Keith did more work than he probably should have. He got out there and attacked weeds as well.
I LOVE the trees in our back yard. They are so nice to shade the kids play area.

Keith hates the trees in our yard. Im pretty sure our neighbors do as well.  They are VERY MESSY.  They drop limbs and small sticks all over the yard. We were picking up sticks for days and days and days. The reward for such hard work..... fire.  Fire is always fun.

The only thing better than fire, is fire on a stick......or more technically, a torch that can be moved all over the yard. This is the height of red neck fun.

These are some of my 18 chickens. I love to watch them. I think they are so pretty. I won't touch one though.
 The chickens love watermelon.
Remember I told you Kate was sick?  It was a miserable weekend for she and I. We didn't sleep, we didn't breath. We mostly cried and wanted to be held.  Yes, both of us. Here she is trying to be nice and watch a movie in "the big chair".
All she really wanted all weekend was daddy to hold her.
Hayden makes grubby "chicken boots" look fun. Im saving this picture for his wedding.
We raised sheep a couple of years ago. This was a mistake. After we butchered the sheep, we realized we do not like sheep meat. The sheep meet has been sitting in our freezer for almost 2 years. After getting my new BBQ, I decided to try the sheep again. This time I found a great recipe, let it marinade for 24 hours and then we tried it. OH MY!  It was so yummy.  Maybe its because our expectations were so low. I just had to show this picture so you could see how pretty my lamb kabobs looked. They were even more tasty than they look.

No comments: