Monday, May 13, 2013

Mothers Day

I still have mixed feelings about Mothers Day.  It seems the fighting among the children is at an all time high and all of the talks in church are about totally perfect mothers. UGH.  This year wasn't too bad.... well.... there was still fighting and talks about perfect mothers. But, I had a pretty good day. The kids all went in together and bought me a beautiful bracelet. I love it.  Kate likes to try and eat it.  Jakob spent his own money and bought me an expensive cookbook for learning how to bbq ANYTHING on the bbq.  I have never really been one for using the bbq.  Ours was old and run down.  Honestly, we saved it from the junk yard about 12 years ago.  I never dared to start it.  I was pretty sure it would explode if I tried. It burned EVERYTHING.  (ok, the cook might have had something to do with it.)  Here is the old bbq.


This year, Keith bought me a new bbq.  This thing is pretty nice.  Here are all of my favorite people putting the bbq together.  Keith even managed to do this with only his left hand. Jakob and Corrine were excellent helpers. The really cool thing is this new bbq is hooked up to the natural gas line that comes out of the back of the house.  So there is no propane to worry about!
I don't care for this picture at all. In fact, I despise it.  However, I am enjoying the new bbq. Everyone else has enjoyed the food we have made with it.
Im grateful to be a mom. I love my kiddos. Being a mom is the hardest thing ever, but it is also the best thing ever.  Thanks for eating my mothers day candy bars and cookies.

1 comment:

Michelle Price said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one that feels that way about Mother's Day. Ben actually spoke in church this time and compared me to God. Totally inappropriate.
You look AWESOME! Chasing those kids around is really agreeing with you.