First, Jakob got a lot more merit badges for scouts. He also got his Life Rank in scouts. He has one more required merit badge and his eagle project to do and then he is done. He has even submitted his paper work. His goal is to have his Eagle before he turns 14. He might still make it! Good job Jakob! You have been working hard.
A few months ago I declared there will be no more pregnant females around here. Not until I feel the need to hit grandma stage. That being said, I need to make it through the next few months. I also needed to make sure Lucy the dog will not become a mother. Lucy got the ole "fix". Corrine wasn't feeling well at about the same time. Corrine and Lucy helped each other feel better. Sorry Lucy looks like a small rat devil. The red eye correction on photoshop doesn't seem to work on dogs. Who knew?
Once a month Corrine goes to a dinner club of girls her age. This is something she looks forward to all month long. It was Corrines turn to host in January. The idea is the girls need to plan the menu, help shop for it, and help cook it. Corrine picked ham in the crock pot, mashed potatoes, home made rolls, and root beer floats.
After listening to a group of girls her age, I have decided I do not remember being 10-11. I thought it would be this nice fancy girly dinner. It was more what I imagined a dinner with a group of boys that age would be. No one prepared me for the jokes, the "scary" stories, or general pigging out that would happen. Im glad they all had fun, though.
When the little piggies were done with treats, we introduced them to a wild game of spoons. This was pretty entertaining to watch.
After the game, they did decide to do some kind of feminine refined activity. They each made friendship bracelets.
The next day was Keiths birthday. He is one year away from the big 4-0. We won't talk about it. Corrine picked his cake toppers this year. She decided to go with a construction theme. It was pretty good, Corrine.
Whats a birthday with out presents? I manged to get the wrong present. It wasn't a huge surprise. I do that just about every year. I got a tractor seat... that won't work for our new tractor.
I have been trying to decide if I want a Kindle Fire or a Nook Color. A guy from work let us borrow something he had. This is the kids being introduced to Angry Birds. Yep, its as fun as all the hype. This is now Haydens favorite game and he is a little sad I have not made my big purchase as of yet. Darn that budget. Come February... I'll be an Angry Birds addict. Im just sayin'......
BELT TESTING! Hayden LOVES Tae Kwon Do. This is his thing. Be afraid. Some times I wonder if its a smart thing to teach Hayden how to damage things with his bare hands. I guess he would anyway.... he is just learning how to damage and look good at the same time.
Hayden did great on his testing except for his questions. We worked on them all morning and he knew them. When he got to testing... he FROZE. Its like he couldn't understand the Korean/English his master was speaking.
It seems my photo shop won't fix red eye on Tae Kwon Do Masters either.

Jakob and Corrine also tested. They did a great job!
Jakob also enjoys Tae Kwon Do. In a few months, he will be joining the adult class.

Corrine did a great job as well. She makes it look easy! She did take a nice foot to the head during sparring. She said she was grateful I make her wear her helmet. Good job my little Tae Kwon Do people!
Sariah is the only one that did not test this month. She tested last month. Great job guys!
And now, my blog is caught up. Until Corrines birthday.... tomorrow.
2 comments:
Hehe, I guess that's a pretty long blog post. I think it has the holiday post I lazily shoved together in January beaten! Glad to hear you're all doing well; tell Corrine happy birthday!
Bethany had a great time at the dinner club. It was so fun to see the kids at TKD on Saturday--
Post a Comment