Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Happy Birthday Corrine!

Today Corrine turned 11! I can't believe it. Yet another reason for me to feel old! Corrine took the day off from just about anything responsible. No school. No chores. No cleaning. She had her friend Bethany come and play for a few hours this afternoon. I thought my little girl was still little when they played dolls. It warmed my heart. Then, they asked to paint toe nails. Rats! Growing up. Corrine had a lot of fun with Bethany today.

For dinner, Corrine requested homemade pizza and her friend Leslie. We did not eat Leslie. I surprised Corrine with a lego cake. (she is really into legos right now) This cake looked much better in my head.






Colored frosting is very messy. It is also a lot of fun!







This is the gift Leslie brought. Pretty creative and full of chocolate. Can't beat that!




New clothes are always a hit for a pre-teen girl. Good thing she likes the ones I picked.




Ok, bad mom confession. I bought Corrine Lego Rock Band for Christmas in 2010. Yes, thats over a year ago. I never bought the guitars. In my defense, there weren't a lot of guitars around in December 2010. I had several people helping me look for some. It just never happened. It finally happened tonight.



I asked Corrine a few weeks ago what she wanted for her birthday. Her answer went something like this: "well, you remember that game you got me? I really want to play it. Can I have a guitar for it?" Ugh, bad mom. Ok, fine.



Corrine and her dad rockin' out to lego rock band. If you haven't played this, its pretty fun.



Corrine and Leslie.... this was funny to watch. We have some video we will share at wedding receptions.



Hayden rocks it lazy man style.



Happy birthday Corrine! Rock on girlie!

2 comments:

Betsy Fox said...

Okay, Camille. You should know that I play a mean Rockband guitar. I think maybe we need to have a family get together and show off our psuedo-musical skills!

Anna said...

Happy Birthday Corrine! You rock!