We traveled with Keith sister, Karen, Keiths mom, and 2 of Dannas (Danna is another sister) friends. We were in the middle of nowhere just outside of Laramie Wyoming when the friends got in a car wreck. They hit a patch of ice and snow and spun out. We hit the patch first, but Keith was able to keep our van going the right direction. It was pretty scary. Because of all kinds of reasons, we had to limp the car all the way to Michigan. When I say "we".... I mean Keith. He had to to a one man pit crew at a gas station and rotate tires at 2 in the morning.
Michigan has a little bit of snow. This is Julies back yard. We managed to get a couple of cars stuck turning onto her street and in her drive way. For the record.... I was driving our van and it didn't get stuck. :)
Today is our first full day here and its a "pajama" day. We are all just kind of hanging out and resting from the trip. There is a lot of wii playing and Jakob found the black baby grand piano. He and are are trying to figure out a way to strap it to the roof of the van to bring it home with us. I'll take more pictures of the fun things we do and update you as I get time.
2 comments:
Glad you guys made it safe and that no one is injured! Have a fantastic trip! But I miss you!
Glad you guys finally made it there - and safely! I am just wondering why in the heck you would go someplace colder?!?
Post a Comment