Saturday, March 28, 2009

My expensive protest

Its earth hour. From 8:30pm to 9:30 pm we are supposed to have anything electrical turned off or unplugged. We are supposed to be sending a message to King Obama and his peeps at the UN. We are supposed to be letting them know that we are concerned about the welfare of our planet. We are afraid that we will all die of terrible heat... or maybe cold... but either way, we will all die. And it will be bad for each of us, if the governments of the world don't come together and save us from ourselves. I have decided that I don't want the government to save me. I think that Heavenly Father has things under control. I think we need to be responsible, not stupid. So, in this crazy world, where Joe the plumber, (I mean, Camille the stay at home mom), has no control, I'm taking a stand. An expensive stand.

I have turned on every single light in the house. This includes the basement (where no one is at the time), the big work lights, the light above the piano, and the light in the pantry. Its probably a good thing to use the light in the pantry. We have lived here for 4 years now and I don't think it has ever been used. I also made sure to get every ceiling fan as well as bathroom fans.

I have turned all 3 TVs and 3 radios. I got sick of listening to the Jazz game, so the TVs are on mute... but don't worry, they are still spinning the dial outside. I also fired up all four (yes 4) computers.

I have started the humidifier. I have turned on the electric candle warmer that makes our house smell like Christmas. I managed to get the light on the microwave as well as the microwave fan.

I'm doing laundry. I'm washing dishes. I turned the lights on in the shed out back. Every light in the garage is on. Because Keith loves me, he said he would sacrifice and fire up the welder for a while.

So, I'm protesting. I'm feeling like a rebel. I admit, I've never really been much of a rebel and I've never really protested anything in this way. I guess I'm not very good at it. No one will notice. No one will care. No one will even know. Well, maybe Rocky Mountain Power will notice. I hope they do. I hope they see a little blip in my wattage. You are welcome, Rocky Mountain Power. I do what I can.

I stopped at turning the A/C on while the wood stove (yes, with the blower) are going. I mean, that would just be plain crazy. I wouldn't want to be any kind of weirdo or freak.

3 comments:

All for J's said...

This is the most BEAUTIFUL and COMFORTING blog I have EVER seen. I actually got the chills. I LOVE your blog!! Thanks Camille! Way to go you Rebel lol. My thoughts reflect yours with this subject. Was it totally necessary to do laundry AND dishes?? Enjoy your Sabbath *hugs*

Julianne said...

You are so funny! I think I already emailed you this but, really Ben thought this was awesome!

Dana said...

go Camille!