Thursday, January 15, 2009

Keith's birthday and foster update

Keiths birthday was today. The kids had so much fun... Jakob thought it "sucked" for Keith to have to work today... Keith agreed. We had a little birthday party for him. I managed to make the lasagna taste bad, and got the wrong tools for his birthday present. So, after we gagged down dinner, we went to Sears and got the "right" tools. Then we came home and had a "tank" birthday cake. Sariah wanted to get guns for his cake, but in this politically correct world, its really hard to find a gun cake topper. The good ole days are gone, I guess. Corrine made the "kings" crown for him. Nice touch, isn't it.





Quick foster update...The paternal grandparents came forward today and said they want the little boy. So we are basically going to keep him while the grandparents get background checks and other paperwork taken care of. Their initial background check came back clean, so it looks pretty good for them to get him. Im grateful he has someone in his family that wants him, but Im so sad to have him go. I wonder what the Lord wanted us to do for him and then I found out this afternoon. I had to take him to the doctor today and he is very malnourished. Basically the doctors orders are to fatten him up as fast as I can. Well, he came to the right house for that!! So we went grocery shopping today looking for the highest calorie milk and pudding we could find. I've never had to look for the most fattening stuff I could find. I have to admit, it was a problem I would like to have. Anyway, Im not really liking the foster thing right now and Im having to work extra hard to trust Heavenly Father. I do know that it will all work out... I just had hoped that this little guy would be ours. I fell in love with him the first night he was here. Oh well. Lessons to be learned so I had better get learning them.

4 comments:

Karies place said...

But it's good that at least you were there for him when he needed you. Prayers for you that you will receive what is best for your family.

Just me! said...

Enjoy him while you have him. You never know....maybe something will come up with the background checks. Good work on helping him become well nourished. How fun to buy 'fattening' foods! I was thinking...maybe you are supposed to learn something from him. Heavenly Father has a reason for everything. xoxo

All for J's said...

Happy Birthday Keith! I look forward to seeing what you've been up to Camille. This is sooo fun! :)

Jaci said...

robert said "look at all those candles...geez he's old!" dont tell robert but he's even older! hahah