Yesterday Corrine turned 8! We are so excited for her! I asked her a couple of weeks ago what she wanted to do for her birthday, and all she would say is "I want to visit great grandpa Cain". Her and great grandpa share a birthday and she wanted to take him a birthday card and see him. Grandpa had surgery a couple of days ago, but he was still excited to see Corrine and he looked great. Grandpa turned 95! They had a great visit.
Then we went to my mom and dads house for a combined birthday party. Corrine's cousin is turning 1 next week so we had a party for both girls. It was very loud, crazy, and there were lots of kids running around. I think everyone had a great time and my parents house was still standing (mostly) when we left. Happy birthday Corrine!
Foster update: we are kind of in a waiting period. We are pretty sure B will leave us (maybe this week) and it breaks our hearts. We are pretty sure L & N will come back and we have all kinds of mixed feelings about that. After lots of prayers, and some blessings, we do feel more at peace. Heavenly Father is in control and we just need to practice greater faith and do His will. So.... we step into the dark and hang on for the wild ride of foster care.
3 comments:
Happy Birthday Corrine! Cute pictures!
Happy Birthday! I like the shirt!
Happy B-day Corrine...and how fun to share a birthday with a great-grandpa! Wow!!
Camille-First of all, I can't believe how cute your little Sariah is! Oh my goodness!! She is adorable. And....I know you will be blessed for all the tender loving care you are showing these Foster children. Not a lot of people can do what you are doing. There should be more people like you!
Post a Comment