Wednesday, March 13, 2024

Oops. Behind again.


Oops. I got behind by almost a year again. I'll skip the excuses. Instead, I'll just update, by the month this time. 

JULY 2023  

We love to attend the Riverton 4th of July parade with the Fox family. Kate took "collecting candy" to an all new level. Shoot the hoop!


FIREWORKS! I love fireworks. I hope the kids have fond memories of summers growing up.
Bluffdale has the best town days. Riverton has the best fireworks.
These are the birthday boys! Grandpa Cain and Hayden! Hayden is 16 here.
Drivers License! Watch out, folks. Driving and dating. It's scary out there.
 AUGUST 2023

Our stake had the responsibility/opportunity to help with a mobile replica of the tabernacle in Old Testament times. It was such a great experience to tour it as well has have Hayden help be a host.





It's canning season! We have so many tomatoes and peaches this year! I'll try not to complain, but there is a large amount of work to do!!

BACK TO SCHOOL!! I love this time of year! Kate is starting the 6th grade. We are trying a new system with magnets to keep track of  school work.
Hayden is starting the 11th grade! He is taking auto and wrestling at Riverton High.
Besties. I love these two girls. Ilityia is such a great friend!
This is the last belt testing until black belt! Good job, Kate!

 
SEPTEMBER 2023
The Cains like to do a week long camp out in Oak City. Sadly, our lives are too crazy for an entire week, but we like to take a day to go play on the 4 wheelers

Ugh. Yard work. This tree decided to break. And block the entire road. Thankfully it happened just as Keith was getting home from work so he was able to remove it quickly.
Cousins!The Schramms put on an 80th birthday party for Grandma Schramm. Grandma had a lot of fun! We spent most of the night stocking the food tables. It was fun to visit with people though!


Really? Really. Kate fractured her ankle while hiking down Mt Timpanogos.  She did walk all the way down and like the good parents we are.... we took to the the doctor the following day.
Kittens!
The cow.  We now have to get the cow to the butcher on our own. And he has to be alive. This was proving difficult. Keith made this cage and is spending a couple of weeks trying to get the beef comfortable enough in the cage.

Evidence Im not working properly. Im not exactly sure what is wrong other than my toe is crooked. The doctor said it could get fixed with surgery, but that surgery is really painful. So, I decided to wait. Did I make the correct decision? I don't know.
GO UTES! Its football season around here and we love it! Kate and Hayden are learning to play and like to challenge a couple of the Fox kiddos to a game. I got Hayden and Kate some red and black gloves. The gloves can't hurt, right?

 OCTOBER 2023 

General Conference is one of the best things about October. The fall conference is my favorite. Maybe because we have rolled pancakes with FRESH peaches!

Corrine and I went to the bridal shower for her good friend, Cera. One of the activities was to make a wedding dress out of toilet paper. Corrine and I were a team and I think we did a pretty good job. We actually made it to 2nd place. I think we could have taken first, but the judges were all related to the first place finisher. Coincidence? I think not.
Hikes in the fall are so nice. Kate wasn't so sure about her friend hitching a ride on her shoulder.

A brief cow update. He is in the trailer!!
Hand update. I had to get a cyst removed. I feel bad if there isn't a surgery in my future.
My cute scarecrows. This is at Kates Halloween costume piano recital. I sure love these girls and Im grateful they love each other.
More cute scarecrows. This is at the ward Halloween party!
More canning?! Yes. Did we enlist the neighbor kids to join our sweatshop? Yes. Yes we did.
Halloween!  Trick or treating! There is nothing better than trick or treating with a member or two of the Fox family in the best Riverton neighborhood.

 NOVEMBER 2023 

We love the game Aggravation. The love comes from my memories of playing the game with my grandma Neilson.  My dad made boards for all who wanted and so we started "art at grandmas". We spent a couple of weekends at my parents house each making our own aggravation boards.

One of Kates classes this school year is called Maker Space. She takes it at Thanksgiving point once a week. This week, the kids had parents come in and check out the virtual reality worlds they created. It was so much fun!
Kate showing off the maker space classroom. Who doesn't want an entire wall of art supplies?!
It is also wrestling season! Hayden is wrestling for Riverton his junior year. He loves it!

Are those turkeys? Yes. The kids are also making turkey apples for thanksgiving! We also hosted Thanksgiving this year for the Schramm side of the family.
I love thanksgiving! It is one of my favorite holidays.

DECEMBER 2023 

Christmas Piano Recital!

 
Who's that guy? More on him later.

Corrines moto these last couple of months.
Denise got Kate a lego rifle. Nothing is better. Wow!
My boys.
Ok,. Maybe getting a swoop doll and a Utes jersey is pretty awesome.

No comments: