Thursday, March 14, 2024

More catch up

 I'm still playing the blog catch up game. I can't really decide why I get so far behind. I like the blog. I like writing. Ever since getting diagnosed with Fibromyalgia, I've been able to put into words what is going on. I only have so much energy. My energy levels max out at about half of a "normal" person of my age. By the time Ive used energy to live life, I don't seem to have enough energy to write about it. I am attempting to be better about that. With that out of the way.... here are some more month by month catch ups. 

January

Remember I mentioned making aggravation boards? The process actually took a couple of months. It takes time to paint and then add the final touches. Corrine and grandma Cain are pros at this step though. 


Sadie got baptized and Kate was so excited for her! It was nice to be there and our family got to help with the music. We love you Sadie!
Happy Birthday Keith! Corrine did another great job with Keiths lemon cake.
Denise was so happy! She got Keith camo crocks for his birthday!  She couldn't wait for him to put them on! (Sometimes you can catch him wearing them around the house)
This girl got her temple recommend and has started going to the temple for baptisms for the dead. She has waited years for this!
It's January.... so Corrine also had a birthday. Who is that guy next to her?!  (more on that later)
Sometimes you find a cool dragon at a game store. Its fun when you are obsessed with dragons.
 February

We were able to watch the first few seasons of Chosen at the theater. We have gone through a phase where we are all obsessed with The Chosen. Check it out! You won't regret it. 

Dave and JL invited us for a game night. Kate was pleased to hang out in their silks. She learned to climb the silks.  Ok, she learned the theory behind it and made it a little bit, but the hammock was much more enjoyable.
Kate and I were too cheap to pay $20 a head to watch Hayden at a wrestling tournament. So, we hung out in the car for an hour waiting to pick him up. Looking back, we probably should have just gone inside and watched.
Keith LOVES to start the garden plants inside and get them ready for the garden. He is becoming quite the pro at it now.
Interesting picture. Its the end of year wrestling banquet. I probably have a better picture somewhere... but this proves we went.
Why do I have a picture of most dangerous jobs? Interesting that roofer is at the top. Where is policeman? Way down the list. Hummm.  What about that guy Corrine is hanging out with? More on him later.
We are still in full birthday season swing! Now its Denise's turn! She wanted donuts for her cake. On your birthday, you get what you want!!  Happy Birthday Denise!
 March

SADNESS. My favorite car got wrecked. Kate and I were on the way home from Tae Kwon Do and we were stuck in construction traffic. Someone (a young lady on her cell phone) chose not to stop when the rest of traffic did stop. Oops. 

I was so sad. Kate was sad. Kate was also traumatized for a while. She got really nervous when we drove somewhere and she really didn't want me going anywhere alone in the car. I feel bad when she worries about me like that.

I had to have a rental car while mine was at the shop and the insurance company was deciding what to do. The rental and the insurance company were rather hard to deal with and navigate. Don't get Liberty Insurance (the other drivers insurance). They were not nice to work with.
 

The insurance company decided my car needed to go to the shop. Bye car. So sad.
The insurance company decided to total my car. There was much sadness. After some debate, and a lot of convincing from Kate(she loves the car more than I do), Keith decided to take the insurance money and the broken car. He and Kate could fix it.


FIXED!!! The car is fixed.... at least fixed enough I can keep driving it! Happy Day!

Did I mention Kate has great friends and she gets to attend the temple a lot? She is very happy about these things.

The water heater spring a leak. Not a happy day.

Kate decided she wanted her ears pierced. She thought about it for months. She finally made the decision and we made it happen!
Sadly, a week after she could take them out, her ears grew back and its like it never happened. Oops.
Kate loves Haven. They are friends from Tae Kwon Do. Haven invited Kate to her birthday party and it was quite the party! Bowling, arcade games, shooting!  It was so much fun!

Remember those garden starts Keith worked on? Well, now they are in the garden. They need the walls of water until about May, but the plants are happy in the garden. Happy plants makes Keith happy.
Kate had a driving lesson. Learning how to back up with a trailer. She did pretty good. Truth be told, I don't think I can back up with a trailer. Hummm.
Easter Sunday with all of my people! Happiness. We have Kate, Grandma Schramm, Corrine, who is that guy with her, Jakob, his friend Brock, Denise, Hayden and Keith. I loved Easter Sunday. Such a good day, good food, and good people.

No comments: