Sunday, June 18, 2023

Where are they now?

Mistakes were made. I don't know how to start again. I've spent a year analyzing why. None of that matters now. Now, I move forward. This blog is all about catching up, by not looking backward. So where are they now? 

Kate was technically 9 and half because I was blogging about Oct 2021. Today, it is Kate's 11th birthday. She is very happy to be sharing it with Fathers Day! Some Kate highlights. She and I are HUGE Utah Utes football fans. Our neighbor gave us tickets and the family was able to go to a game. It was so cold, and so much fun! Halloween 2022, Kate was the Utes quarterback and Corrine was her own personal MUSS.

 
Kate also got braces. It has been very traumatic. Just about every orthodontist appointment ends in tears. 

Kate still enjoys piano and Tae Kwon Do.
When last we saw Hayden, he was 14. Next month, Hayden will be 16. YIKES! Here are a few Hayden highlights! Hayden spends a lot of time playing it cool. He doesn't like to be bothered with pictures. Last summer, we went to a really neat cave. Hayden is playing it cool with his cousin, Ryan.
Hadyen still loves wrestling. Starting in August he will be a junior wrestling with Riverton High school. This past January, (his sophomore year) they won the region title. It was a HUGE deal to beat Bingham.
One of the most notable highlights for Hayden was getting his learners permit. He is REALLY looking forward to getting his drivers license in a month. I look forward to NOT driving him to wrestling at 5 am on winter Saturday mornings.
The beginning of this month was also Haydens last piano recital. He and Betsy had a love/hate relationship, but I think they ended on a high note... pun intended.

Sariah was 17 (almost 18) when last we had an update on her. So much has changed with Miss Sariah! We were trying to encourage her to take her GED tests. She was trying to decide if she should go on a mission or stay with her first real boyfriend! YIKES! There is so much going on at this age! Sariah passed all of her GED classes the very first try! Technically, she is the first kid to have passed any kind of high school.  Sariah also got a job working at the local Artic Circle 

 
Sariah LOVES the swings. She spends all the time she can on the swing. Sadly, the chain broke while her finger was in it and she broke her finger in three places! She had her first surgery to get two pins.WARNING. Corrine, don't look at the next 3 pictures.

In much happier news, Sariah decided to submit mission papers!  Omaha Nebraska Mission!

 
 It was rather sad dropping her off, especially for Kate. Kate really wasn't sure she was ready to do this again, but the promise of her own bedroom has softened the blow.

 
. Sariah loved the Provo MTC and her companion Sister Kidd from Riverton.
Sariah is doing well! She is currently in Grand Island NE in a trio. She seems very happy and from what we can tell, mission life is good to her.
 
Sariah is especially happy that the Winter Quarters Temple and visitors center is in her mission.
 
Corrine. Corrine and Sariah have had the most changes while I've neglected the blog. I attribute part of my neglect to the girls. Life has been busy! Corrine returned home from her mission serving in Arcadia California just two days before Thanksgiving in November 2021. It has been so nice to have her home! Having a missionary come home is much nicer than sending one out!
Not long after coming home, Corrine bought (with cash) her very own car! 
 Sadly, a year later, someone on an ebike hit her and totaled her car. Bye car. There were many tears. 

 
She was blessed and got more than enough cash to buy another car. Corrine is busy going to school at the U, busy with institute council, busy with her calling in her singles ward, busy with work,busy dating, and just got accepted to be a seminary teacher in the fall! Have I mentioned she is busy? We did find time last year to go to St. George and meet one of Corrines friends that she taught and helped get baptized. When in St. George, one should always buy a palm tree, name it Tiny Tim, and bring it home.

Jakob moved from an apartment in Orem to a house with a couple of roommates in Orem. He likes the house and the roommates much better. He is still attending UVU and working on making side by sides street legal with light kits. His most exciting news in the last year (other than the move) is the new car he just bought. I don't have a lot of pictures of Jakob, because he moved out a few years ago and I don't have the same opportunities to stalk him with the camera. But, know that this car is his highlight. 
I did find a few pictures of Jakob. Im sure he appreciates this. This is Kates 10th birthday.
Thanksgiving 2022.
Jakob and Andrew at Anna's graduation party April 2023.
 
My turn. Well, clearly I am the issue as to why the blog hasn't been written. Medically, I've been a mess. 

I also had carpal tunnel surgery.  I don't want to go a year without a surgery. 

This is my new place to hang out.Senior clinic. Kidding. Rheumatology.

I was finally diagnosed with fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue, quickly moving osteoarthritis, brain fog, anxiety and depression(those come with the fibro), and other fun things Im still discovering (thanks fibro).  I have really struggled with finding how to manage it and live life. I don't know the answer yet, but I'm working on it. I did find one positive. I got these. Well, I guess it's positive. Some days it is.

I was also called to be a service missionary working at the temple. I love working in the temple office. I also love that Sariah and I got set apart at the same time!

I also got to be Sariahs escort at the temple and did several temple trips with her before she left. Such a good mom pay day.
Keith. Keith turned 50! We had a game night party for him. He loved it. He tolerated it.
 
Keith also got called to be in the bishopric about 6 months ago. He loves the men he serves with. You would think that work, the yard, kids, a wife with handicapped stickers, and bishopric calling would keep him busy enough. But, he also started a company making 3d game pieces for wingspan, a dice tower, and card boxes. It has been a good learning experience, and the kids help with the little family business. 

Here are a few general family news happenings. We got a good deal on a pool, so we got the pool!

We also went on a camping trip last summer with Karen and her kids. It was so much fun! Caves, cabins, hiking, and we took the 4-wheelers!
This has been a pathetic attempt to catch up. I commit to you that I will do better than write once every 2 years. Im starting fresh. Here we go! It feels good to blog again. Maybe my brain space and emotional state can handle it.

1 comment:

Betsy Fox said...

Hooray!!!! My blogging friend is back. I like the recap!