It is actually the first of February as I type this. It has been 4 entire months since I blogged anything. I have been busy. I have been depressed. I have been sick. I have been all of the things to keep me from writing. I would like to catch up, but these catch up blogs are my least favorite to write. I feel I must write a little something before I can move forward. I will attempt to sum up the month of October 2021.
One of my favorite things in October is General Conference. Hayden has been learning how to make cinnamon rolls from his uncle, Mike. This conference weekend, Hayden made the rolls ALL BY HIMSELF! The word on the street was that these babies were super tasty.
As always, we stuck with our rolled pancake tradition. These were also super tasty.I did not partake of a rolled pancake. I did make myself some chaffels. I LOVE these and they are a very good rolled pancake substitute.
Miss Sariah had her very last piano competition and piano recital. At first, she did not want to quit piano lessons, but she also did not want to practice so we found ourselves at an impasse. Since she did not want to pay the piano teacher, she agreed it was probably time to be done.
Betsy Fox was her first piano (and favorite) teacher. Sariah LOVES Betsy and appreciated what Sariah now calls "tough love and calling out my crap." We all need someone that will call our crap.
Betsy was at the last piano recital, because her daughter was Sariahs duet partner. These girls are so good together and are great duet partners! I love them both so much!
October means Halloween. We really had all kinds of Halloween activities. So much fun. The first activity was our ward party. Because of Covid, it was held outside and I think it went really well. We had a very nice evening! Keith and I were the ward Temple and Family history consultants. We decided to have a booth celebrating Halloween 100 years ago. I made popcorn balls and handed those out. I will not take the time to share how many tears were shed to make those popcorn balls. I do need to find a therapist that is willing to help me work though the trauma though. I digress. Kate wanted to be a Jedi. I liked this idea because we already had the costume in the Halloween bin. These were the hardest things I've done in a long time. I digress again.
Keith and I had a friends Halloween murder mystery dinner. I look forward to this tradition! I love it. It is a great excuse to dress up and spend the evening with my friends. I was a lady out of the 60's that murdered people with my poisonous tea. Keith was an intellectual, that ended up being some kind of vampire.
Kate said she has the best Halloween! She got to go trick or treating with her friends.
The awesome dads were great chaperones and kept the kiddos safe while the mommas visited.
Another super fun activity on Hallowen was a debate tournament! I went with Hayden and Sariah to Provo and was a judge for the day. I did really enjoy it! The kids did great!
The Fox family is always so willing to let us hang out. It's nice to have friends, even if they like BYU.

1 comment:
Yay!!! You're back! I love that picture of Sariah and me.
Post a Comment