I know February is all about love and valentines and that sort of thing. Honestly, the only thing I love about February is that it is short and now I love that it is almost over. Is my detest for January and February coming through? I wonder if I need to be clearer. Oh well, no one likes a complainer so I'll leave it alone. February hasn't been all bad. There have been some pretty great moments. The first and maybe the highlight was meeting one of Corrine's favorite people. Sister Nauifi is from Tonga and she served with Corrine. She had to have a surgery, and SLC seemed the place to get it done so she flew here to stay with her aunt in Provo. We got permission (she hasn't been released yet) to visit her. It was such a treat. She had just been with Corrine! We have talked to her a few times over facebook messenger but it was so nice to be with Sister Nauifi. Kate has colored some pictures and sent things to her, so it was nice to finally get these ladies together.
His crew also decided to build what Im calling the hobo teepee. They prefer the term "teepee" but I think hobo add so much to the description.
February is bringing the last of at home church. It has been almost a year since things were "normal." We have had in person church every other week since last fall, but on our off weeks we watch church at home. While I look forward to our entire ward being all together (in 2 weeks), I also have to admit Im really going to miss electric blanket recliner church.
On Valentines, I try to not turn the holiday into another Easter or Christmas. So, the kids get a small amount of candy and a new t-shirt for the spring weather that should be coming soon. This year unintentionally had a theme. Lets call it "give Disney more money".
Once a month we have Come Follow Me with the Cain cousins. I love these people. This one is one of my favorites.
I like them all though.
In other exciting news, Kate got glasses for school work. She had been complaining for a few months about her eyes hurting and getting headaches when she does school work. One day I had enough, called the eye doc and they got her in the next hour! A little less than an hour later I mortgaged the house(since mortgaging it to pay for braces) and we bought some glasses. 5 days later she was sporting these! Doesn't she look cute in them?! And yes, she wore her gymnastics uniform to the eye doctor. Who doesn't? She had just finished with a class and wanted to go straight to the eye doc to get the glasses so....For the record, her eyes weren't focusing on the paper and I haven't heard any more complaining. Modern medicine is pretty awesome..... even in February. Here is another picture because I can't get enough of the glasses. Here she is sewing a saddle for her horse.






















No comments:
Post a Comment