Wednesday, April 17, 2019

Unplanned... winter.

I'm sure I have mentioned how disgusted I am with the snow so late in the year. Pardon me while I go on another snow related rant.  REALLY?!  I'm so sick of snow. It has either been raining or snowing every morning I go for a walk for WEEKS now. I am done with it. If I hear one word about conserve water or the word drought on the news, I'm pretty sure I'll throw my shoe through the TV. That will show them.
In protest, Kate and I went to the store and bought some spring flowers to keep in the kitchen. They bring a little joy in an otherwise soggy world.
We are getting close to the end of the school year. One good thing about the wet weather is it is keeping everyone inside the house reading books. It is hard to get spring fever when there is a blizzard outside. My heart warms during a blizzard when I see one of my kids with a book. Two kids with a book?! Happy momma.

We have decided we will pretend it is spring and we got some baby chickens. They are cute, but it is hard to remember we need to be responsible for them. The grown chickens are a little easier to care for.
I had to speak in the adult session of Stake Conference. I decided to have Corrine take my picture just in case I didn't live through the experience. I'm happy to report I survived and no one ran out of the room screaming so I will call it a success.
These are Kates notes from her gospel study this week.
I have a white board I keep grocery lists and project lists on. When we came home from our meeting, this was on the "to do" list.  Looks like Kate wanted to find time to "love dad."  Seems like a good thing to put on the to do list.
This kid can't get any cuter. She has also been sick this week and it makes me sad. Even though she can't breathe well, she is trying to be happy.
Keith and I took the older girls to Unplanned the movie. GO SEE THIS MOVIE. I highly recommend it to anyone 14ish and older. GO SEE IT.
There were a few scenes that were uncomfortable to watch but so necessary. This movie did not deserve its R rating and that was done for political reasons. This movie will leave you inspired to make a change. I think the thing that struck me the most was seeing God's hand as Abby Johnson starts to have her heart softened. The Lord puts people and circumstances in our path for a reason. This was an inspiring movie. GO SEE UNPLANNED. If you have questions, feel free to talk to any of us.  The girls will talk openly and frankly about their experience watching this movie.

In the meantime, can we pray for a less soggy week this next week? Please?

No comments: