Monday, August 6, 2018

Old glasses

We took care of all of the eye doctor appointments for the year.  I like doing this before school gets started and there is something fun about getting new glasses, usually. This year Keith and Corrine got more contacts.  Corrine did get some new glasses basically for night time but never for being posted on social media. Jakob got some transition lenses that turn into sunglasses. I think those are a little weird, but he is past asking my opinion on the matter.  Hayden got some new glasses that look basically like his old ones.  Why change a good thing?  He did get some prescription sun glasses and that was pretty exciting. Maybe he has a career in sun glasses modeling?

Sariah got some new glasses and I think they are SUPER CUTE!  I love her new glasses.
Sariah and I also got some new sunglasses. Yes, we ended up picking out the same kind. I'm not sure what that says about either one of us.  I'll go with... I'm into what all the cool kids are into.
Kidding. I'm not into anything cool. In fact, I'm old. I'm really old.  I've had a few things happen this week that have put me firmly in the old lady category. For example, my new glasses.  I had to get PROGRESSIVE lenses.  That basically means... "you are progressively getting more old and cranky and out of it."  Here are my new old lady glasses.
They wouldn't be so bad, except I can't see out of them! Things are WORSE! Before I had moments of not being able to read my book or some fine print on my medicine bottles super cool instagram page.  Now I can't see anything. My extensive (5 minute) search on the internet tells me that I just need to wear them for a couple of days and I'll get used to it.  If I'm squinting or looking at you weird it's not you.  Really, it's me.

1 comment:

Gabrielle Kim said...

This does not explain why you've always looked at me weird in the past...