Most of us went to Boise for another robotics competition. Jakob stayed home to sing in General Conference.
I love Boise. I really do. Im not so fond of the drive, but we made it!
On Thursday, we had the entire day to burn while Keith and Corrine were at robots. We decided to go to the zoo. I didn't realize at the time, but it was spring break in Boise. It was also discount day at the zoo. So, we went to the zoo with the entire city of Boise. It was still fun to get outside and walk around though!
The Boise zoo is ok. The zoo in SLC is better. The only elephants they had were fake.
Kate said her favorite part was the carousel. Well, that was an extra $1 well spent.
Kate and Sariah both agreed it was cruel and unusual punishment to make them sit in the "egg" for a picture. Hayden wouldn't even get in.
Note the same gesture in every picture from Kate.
Hayden just wanted to get back to the hotel to go swimming. He wasn't very excited about the zoo. But, he did admit he had fun hanging out with friends and "seeing some animals".
I did take the kids swimming (or walking around the water). We don't really swim. I have spent millions of dollars and hours for swimming lessons and they still can't swim. Im pretty sure Im a bad parent. Oh well. We also spent Friday and Saturday watching robots. I LOVE it. I really do. Kate LOVES it.
Hayden loves to play electronics for hours on end while in the stadium. This time I cut him back (to about 6 hours of electronics) and made him read a book. He wasn't happy. Bad mom? Still don't care.
Here is the "drive team" of the robotics team. We don't see much of them on robots weekends. The run from strategy meeting to compete and back to another strategy meeting.
Here is our robot hanging from a 7 foot bar. Its cool, you know it is! We are #3230.
The Fox family are VERY good friends of ours. They don't have a kid on the team, but drove up to watch us anyway! Abe and Keith are good friends. These are such great guys!
They have adopted Zach (a team member as their son) and Corrine as their daughter. Im cool with it as long as it gets them to the competitions. It just wouldn't be the same without them. Fun seems to follow them every where they go. Here are 3 of the Fox Girls. (the blond was adopted)
Kate loves George. Peter loves Kate. George doesn't know Kate exists. Gretta is just cute.
I love watching Keith work with the team. He is so very good at what he does.
On the "Smurf Turff" in Idaho.
Im looking forward to the World Competition in Houston!



















No comments:
Post a Comment