Thursday, March 15, 2018

Spoiled

Some would say I am spoiled.  Some would say I am old. I say I'm both. Another crazy year has come and gone and this past year has been full of difficult learning opportunities. Because I am old, I feel the need to update you with all of my weird medical issues, but I'll show restraint. I will show you how spoiled an old lady can be! My visiting teacher brought me balloons! I NEVER get balloons for my birthday. Aren't these cute, and so funny?
She also brought me these AMAZING cupcakes. Wow. The doctor would say those are a no no for my blood sugars. I say, its my birthday and blood sugars don't count this one day a year. As long as I'm RS Pres, I'm never changing my visiting teachers.  Selfish, yes.  Yes it is.  I love them so much.
My very good friend brought me this nice care package. I LOVE Joanna Gains. I also love that one of the articles is titled "Intentional living." My favorite word for the past year has been essential. Another word that is quickly making my top 3 words is "Intentional". I'm loving the idea of doing things with intent. I also got my old lady, messed up hair trimmed. I'm grateful for good friends!
Corrine got a cactus a couple of weeks ago from church. It was so very cute I told her I wanted one.  For my birthday, Corrine took me to the store to pick out my own cactus. They were so cute, I had to pick 2. I LOVE the tea cup flower pot. I decided to name my cacti George and Martha. I think they are so cute in their new little home.
My mom and sister took me to lunch today. It was nice to visit and I think we will all enjoy this new tradition. It was a very nice afternoon! Kate drew a picture for me. We are enjoying the summer and the birds. I enjoy that she thinks Im 23.
Keith and Jakob and crew installed a security/screen door for me. I know its not the most exciting birthday present, but I insisted.

I've wanted one for a while. After the neighbor was broken into I wanted to up the security. After getting a taste of nice weather, I wanted to let the breeze in.
I am so blessed. I'm also so old. But, I'm mostly ok with it. I'm grateful for the lessons I've learned. I'm grateful for the people that have come into my life. I am so very blessed.

1 comment:

Abe Fox said...

Happy Birthday....and I dub your Cacti-Tea-Cup-Home.....Mt. Vernon!!!