Tuesday, December 5, 2017

2017 Christmas Letter



Am I lazy? Am I embracing essentialism? Am I cheap? What ever the reason, this is the Christmas letter this year.

2017 IN ONE WORD.... or TWO.


KATE=GROWING.

It seems that Kate has grown up so much this past year. She is half way through kindergarten, takes gymnastics classes and piano lessons! She is also getting to be a very good reader.

HAYDEN=BUSY. 

Hayden has had a busy year! He is in the 5th grade, went to history camp, cub scout day camp, a few camps with Keith, geeks out on D&D,  and is taking piano lessons as well.

SARIAH=TEENAGER.

Sariah will be 14 the day after Christmas. She earned her Young Womanhood recognition, she enjoys her "dumb" cell phone, she wants a "smart-er" phone, she likes listening to music, her debate class, and she hates math. 

CORRINE=GROWN UP.  

In January Corrine will be 17. She spent most of the year working at Papa Murphys, she teaches piano lessons, is on the robotics team, is a buddy for special needs mutual, and is always studying to perfect her ACT score. 

JAKOB=CHANGE.

In August Jakob came home from Monterrey Mexico speaking Spanish and dreading cold weather. He starts Mechanical Engineering classes at the University of Utah in January. He bought his own car, works at Deseret Book and at the temple, and will start attending the singles ward in January. 

CAMILLE=ESSENTAILISM

I have tried really hard to get back to basics in my life. What is most important? I'm currently homeschooling the kids, the relief society president, and  I'm the main schedule keeper for the family. You can see where the need for "only the essentials" has come from. 

KEITH=WORK. 

 Keith works at Northrop Grumman. He always has a project around the house to work on. The big project this year was re-doing the kitchen countertops and backsplash. (Camille felt it was essential to get that done) He is the 11 year old scout leader, robotics coach, and works hard to keep up with the needs of the family.

We want to wish you all a Merry Christmas! If you want to know more about us, we encourage you to look back on the blog and continue to follow us here!


No comments: