Im so thankful Thanksgiving weekend is over. We did have some good times, but they were few and far between this particular weekend. First, a good thing: Anna came to stay with us over the weekend. We were so excited to have her come! Anna gave her batman mask to Kate. How nice!
We also enjoyed watching Wonder at the movie theater. This was a major treat.....we NEVER go to the movie theater. We read the book as a family so we have been very excited to see how the movie would compare. The book is still better but the movie was great! We all loved it!
After all that fun, things took a serious turn for the worse. Sariah and Kate got very sick.
This is sad, right?!
Sariah, Kate and I spent Thanksgiving day at home. This was our dinner. Yes, I felt sorry for myself.
We did have a nice little side of this.
We managed to keep with the tradition of making turkey apples, although, Im not sure our hearts were all the way into it.
Kate and Anna had fun. I sure hope we didn't contaminate Anna too bad.
The day after Thanksgiving, Jakob enjoyed working retail on Black Friday! Keith took Corrine and Anna shooting. ( I didn't go... so no picture)
I stayed home with some sick kiddos. Sariah was getting worse, so I decided to take her to the doc. She tested positive for Influenza B. Exciting, right? Then, we got to go to the hospital for some chest xrays. This is as happy as she could be:
On Saturday morning Keith and I were able to go to the temple with some very good friends. Clark took out his endowments. I will admit (after being up most of the night with sick kids) I wasn't looking forward to going to the temple. Im so very glad we did go!
Saturday evening Keith and I went out with some friends to Desert Star. This was also a nice treat, but interrupted. Corrine called saying that Sariah had a really bad bloody nose.... very bad. I guess it took a couple of hours to stop and clean everything up. Then, at midnight, it happened again. We were up till 3am helping Sariah. THEN.... the next night (Sunday) it happened AGAIN. After an hour of helping her, we decided to take her to the ER. Traffic is nice at 1am. The line at the ER wasn't long and when you show up with a crazy bloody nose, they let you right in! Just a tip, if you need it. The doctor got her all cleaned up and fixed up. Sariah has had her fill of doctors offices and hospitals though. (so have I). Sorry, I don't have any 1am pictures of the hospital. It wasn't pretty. Just know that.
Im thankful last week is over. Im thankful that everyone is slowly on the med. We have had a rough week. Im thankful all things come to an end.










No comments:
Post a Comment