Tuesday, February 7, 2017

The Swimming Pool

I had this discussion with Kate tonight.  She is red...

Mom, I have a great idea.
What?
We need to dig a big hole in the backyard, get a swimming pool and then we can cover the hole back up and go swimming. 
How much do you think that will cost?
About ten bucks.
Actually, its about ten thousand bucks.
Oh. Well you can get some money from daddy.
He doesn't have that much money.
Well, lets get our neighbors to help. They can give us some money. 
Why would they give us money?
Because we are supposed to help our neighbors. And we can take Jakobs money. 
Jakob needs his money.
No, he doesn't! He is on a mission.
How many neighbors should we ask?
All of them.
Can they come swimming at our house?
Yes. But not the bishop.
Why can't the bishop come?
Because he is very busy with meetings. We shouldn't ask him for money either because he can't come swim.
Ok.
Maybe we should ask our friends.
I don't think we should do that.  We don't need a pool.
Well, ok. If you don't want me to go swimming.  I guess thats ok. You don't like any of my ideas.
Yes I do.
Not the good ones.

I think we are all missing summer and getting just a little stir crazy.   I would be glad to just go back to this.


No comments: