I can safely say not all public restrooms are the same. Well, they have one thing in common... I despise public restrooms. I do not like them. When traveling across the country for 28 hours straight, its a disgusting part of the trip. They are especially fun with a small child. For the first few stops, my conversations with Kate went something like this: Me "Don't touch ANYTHING!" and "Put your hands on your knees!". Kate said things like "why" and "whats that?". Being the homeschooling mom I am, I always look for opportunities to teach my kids. We had a lot of lessons on germs, and what a phobia is, and what the definition of clean really is. This is Kate NOT touching ANYTHING.
One restroom I went into (IM NOT KIDDING) had a clear shower stall door. You know, the door that goes on a shower.... yep. It was the scariest bathroom ever. I actually found myself looking for the camera that some perv had hidden there. Then, I decided... I have been in a car for about 18 hours and its 3 in the morning. If someone can actually enjoy my adventure in the bathroom in that state... well, what can I do to stop them. Lack of sleep is the number one contributor to lack of judgement. I was grateful the girls did not come with me on that particular stop. I thought about taking a picture of it but decided I didn't want to be called up as a witness with documented proof of a crime scene. One bathroom in particular does get high praises.
The bathroom in Bass Pro Shops in Indiana was rather nice. The bathroom at Bass Pro Shops in Iowa was AMAZING. If you ever need to pee, I highly recommend this bathroom.
Again, being the homeschooling mom I am, I could appreciate the almost museum like quality this bathroom had. It was all things Annie Oakley. It was cool. It was great! Who doesn't like an entire CLEAN bathroom dedicated to a girl that can shoot a gun?
I highly recommend you visit this restroom. Its not worth driving through Wyoming and Nebraska to get to... but if you are in the area, find a reason to pee. I might need to reconsider the "theme" in Corrines bathroom downstairs.





No comments:
Post a Comment