Tuesday, March 29, 2016

The bot goes Mile High

Our robotics team spent the weekend in the Mile High City. I prefer the nickname, Dishonest Denver. First, our robot did amazing! We ended the qualifications ranked #2! We also bounced around the first and second placed performing robot. This is the round where we beat the top robot. We were the only ones to do so.
This group of kids is amazing! Our team is very small compared to most, so everyone has to work very hard.
I could not ask for a better group of friends for my kids to hang out with.
Without sounding like a whiny loser, our team got "homered".  Meaning, the powers that be (head official, referees) did all in their power to make sure this little team from Utah wasn't going to win a thing. We had been warned of the corruption, but did not realize the extent of it. After a very disappointing afternoon,(due to politics) the team rallied and found their smiles.
I will forever be grateful to the mentors and team members.

No comments: